Friday, March 12, 2010

A decade of nexus!

One more couple of Pileon, are marking their decade of marriage this month. This 23rd, our beloved BB (a.k.a Rajkishore) and Jer (a.k.a Rajeswari) are celebrating their 10 years of love and friendship.

Congratulations to both of you! Being the person who just has crossed this marriage milestone last year, I welcome you to our group.

Don't forget to carry the good qualities in you, the qualities you fell for each other, in to the next decade.

Remember, the next milestone is just another 10 years away!

Last week, me and Shree were going through some of the photos from the past, to see how her friendship with Gayatri (gaay) has grown over these years. We found some vintage snaps from their Ramco days, especially, the days when Rajkishore seemed to have been trying for Rajeswari's attention. The pictures might be 12 years old, but the characters are still livid. Seeing those photos, I could see how that flirts have transpired in to something this good.

The interesting aspect was, in almost all of the pictures Rajkishore and Rajeswari were in, Gayatri was also in. (Kaabab mein Haddi, then too?)

Did she play their tacit matchmaker? How interesting? They get to celebrate this wonderful moment here with Gayatri too.


What is with the stick? (A conversation)

Shree: Man, what are you doing? Holding a stick, and trying to beat up somebody?

Rajkishore: No.I am fishing.

Shree: (puzzled) uh? fishing? zameen mein?

Rajkishore: Have you read Mahabaratha? What did Arjuna do?

Shree: Beats me. What did he do? He shot arrows and then what?

Rajkishore: He shot a fish by looking at the reflection, wasn't he?

[The story is, in a competition at young age, Arjuna shot a fish shaped doll kept in the ceiling by looking at the reflection in a pond.]

Shree: Wow! Still this is sukha huva zameen yaar. Where is the water and where is the fish?

Rajkishore: I see water even in a desert. I make an oasis out of a mirage. I see my fish in the reflection of my mirage. Look behind.

(Shree looks behind.)


Shree: Where is the fi... Wooh! Wooh! Way to go to Arjuna.

Shree: By the way, what kind of "viyuh" (formation) are you going to have dear Arjuna, to win your fish?

Rajkishore: "Chakra Viyuh!" I will just go around and around her, until I get dizzy.

Rajkishore: Also, I am counting on the two big glass dudes: the one on the right in a "jin-chack" churidhar and the other guy on my left back to be my strategists. I know they are close to my "fish", and I have to go through them. Got it?

Narrator: And that was the start of a great friendship. Friendship for getting to his love. The foundations of the great Pileon.


Oh! my prince charming!

In that whole group of people, look where she is looking at. Just him! He is definitely desperate to get her attention and it seemed to be working.

See the camera is on the front and still she was distracted to her right. Was she making the "right" choice here?

The whole group is looking front at the camera. She is not. And he knows that!

Here also the woman in the "jin-chack" churidhar. She has been there all along.


An interesting, true story

I have an interesting story to share, a real one that gives a sense of what people in real appreciation of each other could do.

In my previous job, I had a colleague of mine who, in my opinion, was one of the most interesting characters (better than any of BB's friends), with an incredible sense of humor. "Twenty years of marriage man," he would always say. This gentleman grew up in Texas, but had a small stint in California for a while.

Last week he had his 25th wedding anniversary, thanks to the FaceBook update. I was invited, but couldn't make it as it was in Texas.

Here is the interesting part: He has 3 kids and their names invoke a sense of curiosity for anybody who hears them for the first time.

Jennifer Austin LASTNAME
Jason Dallas LASTNAME
Jessica Marriott LASTNAME

I am not kidding: The kids' middle name was chosen based on where he and his wife thought they were conceived. I once teased him, "Why Marriott? Was that the hotel?"

His reply was, "No, Volvo would not have sounded good. So, we decided to keep the hotel's name instead."

Thought it was a weird way to color the good aspects of their wonderful marriage,but I thought it was cool.


My thoughts

Ten years of love, ten years of friendship and more to that, his 40th birthday. All lining up at the same time. Marvelous!

It looks, to make this moment a special for him, for them, he has got a new Lexus - a premium one with all kinds of automated controls.

A Lexus, to make the decade of their nexus more special! Quite rhyming, quite romantic!

Hope you take some time to go for a ride - just the two of you - in that Lexus, most importantly not forgetting to take the two car seats out from the back.

The back is really spacious! The windows are tinted! And more to that, the middle name "Lexus" looks charming too.

No comments:

Post a Comment